Here are some tips to handle it.
Collect as much data about the bug report as possible
- Time of Occurrence
- Enviroment - Which Device, Which OS, Which App /Browser Version
- The ratio of reproducing the bug? how many times have you been able to reproduce
- Screenshot of Error
- What are the steps executed before the bug?
Most customers don’t always provide this information, but if able to get it, it can be very helpful.
Timeboxing the Investigation:
- Timebox the investigation to keep track of time spent and make sure that no stone goes unturned.
- Write detailed notes about what tried and how it turns out.
Pair with someone
- If paired with someone, two can give each other ideas of things haven’t tried yet and ask each other what else two could be missing.
Thanks, @NicolaLindgren for curating these ideas
Do you have any other great ideas on how to handle intermittent bugs? How do you deal with them when you come across them?